Assam down town University (AdtU)
A State-of-the-Art University advancing all-inclusive Human/Student Development
AdtU strives for excellence in teaching-learning, research, and outreach programs where technology synergizes creativity for sustainably nurturing academic and professional leadership that successfully reaches out in a spirit of openness, inclusiveness, and service to the society.
Established in 2010, Assam down town University (AdtU) was promoted by down town Charity Trust as per the provision of the Assam Private Universities Act, 2007. Since then, it is seizing opportunities to shape itself for winning the new future and securing its position amongst the leading universities. It aims to be recognized for the quality of its system, products, and securing prestigious partnership with international academia and industry.
The university has its expertise in the field of engineering and technology, nursing, paramedical science, management, tourism and hospitality, humanities and social science, pharmaceutical sciences, etc. A continuous emphasis on modern teaching methods, global links for research, students exchange programs, world-class infrastructure, assured placement, diversity of students and industry-institute interactions have consistently placed AdtU students well ahead in every field. It has more than 4000 students and over 300 faculty members. The commitment of AdtU towards delivering domain focused programs has been realized by several organizations of national and international repute resulting in investment in knowledge resources in the university.
A Legendary Leader
A veteran personality, Dr. Narendra Nath Dutta holds the position of the Chairman and Managing Director, down town Hospital Ltd, Chairman of down town Charity Trust and Founder Chancellor of Assam downtown University. In his extensive career, he has bagged many prestigious honors and recognitions for his expertise in the field of education and healthcare. To name a few of them are: Awarded with the Siksha Vibhushan and Fellowship of International College of Surgeons, Felicitated by ICS-ISCON and Assam Police, Published scientific papers and articles at national and international forums and also a book titles “Xoru Xoru Kothar Xophura”, Speaker in the 3rd Annual Northeast Healthcare Summit, 2016, Received the Lifetime Achievement Award Research Society for the Study of Diabetics in India Assam Chapter, 2018.
On 2nd June 2018, Dr. Dutta received the Son of the Soil Award from the Chief Minister of Assam Shri Sarbananda Sonowal for his exemplary services in the field of Private Sector Development. He is also a member of many prominent societies and guides their processes with the utmost impact.
Keeping an Eye on the Mission
The objectives of the faculty and all other respective departments are derived from the vision and mission statement. To accomplish these aims, the faculty members along with the supporting staff get involved through the implementation of the AdtU model of teaching-learning and research. The process and the mechanism mentioned facilitating to imbibe the sentiments within the students and teachers.
- To cater to the diverse academic and professional needs of the people of the region and nation.
- To establish a center of excellence in academic and research programs.
- To develop a center of excellent knowledge repository and disseminate knowledge.
- To produce a creative and able workforce as per the changing requirement of different sectors of the economy.
- To emphasize on research and development to tackle local and regional issues.
- To emphasize scientific studies for harnessing the potentialities of the regional and local resources.
- To promote entrepreneurship development through innovation and incubation.
- To strengthen networking with other academic and research institutions of repute for human resource development.
Building Effective Personality Development Traits
AdtU bestows the students with upright skills and knowledge for an insightful career and overall development.
- Choosing a course of study based upon potential: Environment has a considerable impact on the attitude, aptitude, and interest of the child. It helps the child holistically to nurture their potential enabling them to contribute significantly. This way, every student gets proper guidance by a mentor to choose a particular course of study that would lead to remarkable success.
- Focus: Focus is a core strength in the life cycle of a student and hence the institute is attentive towards keeping the students focus intact despite deviation.
- Discipline Management: A student must be disciplined (aware of time discipline, task discipline, and self-discipline) and know the art of management of time.
- Mentoring: There is a provision of mentoring which enables the student to solve any problems faced during studying and keep them determined.
- Homely Environment: AdtU is aware that in a safe and homely environment (home away from home) only the creative ability of the student will get exposed. Accordingly, provision is made for health care facilities within the campus which looks after the physical and mental health of the student.
- Achievement: Motivational sessions are conducted to increase the achievement desire of the student.
- Soft Skills: This training includes communication skills, interview skills, time management, stress management, etiquette, leadership skills, teamwork, group discussion, and many more. This enables the students to be industry-ready and develop their personality to grab opportunities.
The Victorious Moments
AdtU is NAAC Accredited and it is the only university in the northeastern region to receive ISO 9001-2015 Quality management system. AdtU is one of the region’s leading universities and has been ranked 24th among the 50 Best Private Universities in India as per India Today magazine in 2018. It has received many awards and accolades such as E-learning excellence for academic digitization from QS-IGAUGE, Best Private University in Assam by Times Business awards 2019, India’s 10th Best Private University for 2018 by Knowledge Review Magazine. It has a talented pool of alumni, who have secured many leading positions and spearheaded their career around the world. The institute has been accredited by UGC, AICTE, INC, PCI, IAP, and SGS.
It has signed MoU with the following organizations/institutions:
1. Southern University, Bangladesh
2. Petra Christian University, Indonesia
3. KridaWacana Christian University, Indonesia
4. Philippine Normal University, Indonesia
5. Sonargaon University, Bangladesh
6. Assam Association of North America (AANA), United States of America
7. Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT), Nepal
8. Tribhuvan University, Nepal
Bestowing Advanced Career Development Opportunities
- A well-equipped campus: It implements strict discipline policy, a well-stocked library, a particular approach to teaching and learning like group projects, individual assignments, quizzes, and tests. Special focus is put on the development of social competencies and overall personality through community and entrepreneurship programs. Students particip ate in different extracurricular activities that support what is taught in classes. The university is located in a calm and picturesque environment which helps in soothing the minds thereby promoting a learning environment.
- Job placement rate: The institution enables the students to acquire marketable skills in the present job scenario. Placement records indicate placement in the range of 80–100 %.
- Physical and psychological safety for their ward: At AdtU, there is a strict anti-bully and anti-ragging environment, 24 hours CCTV monitoring, cohesive multicultural environment, medical emergency services, OPD, and counseling centers. The hostels have zero records of suicide since the establishment of the university.
- Affordability: At AdtU, there is provision for scholarships and loans for deserving students based upon merit as well as economic condition.
- Excellent Teachers: Highly experienced and qualified teachers with committed faculty members.
Striving for a Sustainable Future
Moving towards Achieving Self-sufficiency in Energy: Meeting energy demand with renewable energy and sustainable means is the need of the hour and AdtU being one of the leading universities in India has set up 200 KWP solar roof-top power plant in its campus to leverage the multiple benefits of energy conservation, learning, training, and provision of research opportunities for students and also in achieving the clean and green campus goals.
Building Quality Culture: To build a quality culture in the institution, AdtU has implemented Quality Circles covering different departments and cross-functional areas. These Quality Circles are participative forums and their indirect involvement in the decision-making process is significant. It provides innovative ideas for improvement in their respective work areas besides contributing to sustaining ISO 9001:2015 QMS.
AdtU’s strategic plan and deployment document are in place. This document has been prepared by optimally aligning the components of the vision and mission of the institution. The SMART objectives were set with a specific time-frame for effective monitoring and control. Faculty excellence is given the highest priority which is the principal pathway of AdtU for achieving long-term aspiration.