Imparting Knowledge the Universal Way
Having established itself as a forerunner in the educational sphere, Shoolini University, a name needing no introduction, has been attaining heights since its inception in 2009. The university is a highly renowned and impeccably crafted dream turned into a reality of its founding Vice-Chancellor and Oxford Alumnus Dr. P.K Khosla. Shoolini University aspires to become a hub of top-quality education and a podium to accomplish many underprivileged students’ dreams. Shoolini has been rightly recognized for its efforts in creating a change as it has been ranked among Asia’s top 300 universities by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) 2021 Asia Rankings, making Shoolini India’s 37th ranked university and 7th among all Indian Private Universities. The university stands out among the crowd for it has received mentoring from eminent scientist Dr. M. S. Swaminathan. Shoolini University offers undergraduate and postgraduate and postgraduate diploma management programs that incorporate engineering, management, pharmaceuticals, agriculture, biotechnology, law, journalism, and applied sciences. The 230 plus full-time faculty – most of whom are engaged in research, at Shoolini provides the students with the perfect torchbearer to make their long career journey fruitful and satisfying.
A place for over 3800 plus students from 28 states and 8 countries, Shoolini embodies the immense potential to turn its students’ dreams into reality. Enormous credit for the success of Shoolini stands with its Founder, Chancellor, and prominent scientist Dr. Prem Kumar Khosla. An Oxford alumnus, a former Vice-Chancellor of HP Agriculture University, a cheerful soul, and an optimistic leader, Dr. Khosla enthuses Shoolini to be among the Elite Club of the ‘Top 200 Global Universities.’ An advocate of enlarging research and development in India, Dr. Khosla’s efforts have ranked Shoolini as No 1 in India in citation research in the recent QS rankings 2021. Shoolini also has a research h-Index of 73; the second-highest of any Indian institution established after 2009.
The Core Values of Shoolini’s Success are
● A perfect academic and research environment; a professional culture with no hierarchy in ideas; zero tolerance to politics; an obligation to dissent; Career progression based on professional merit and not tenure or sycophancy
● Transparency and respect in the communications and dealings with the stakeholders
● Honesty and integrity in everything they do
● Quality in everything they do
● Decisions based on long term value rather than short term gains
● An environment of innovation and disruption; awards for risk-takers and “out of the box” thinking
The A-1 Infrastructure and an Apposite Environment
Promising a bright future comes with the responsibility of providing a barrier-free environment where knowledge can grow and ideas evolve. Shoolini has been a forerunner at using ICT-enabled tools and classrooms. The campus is equipped with state-of-the-art infrastructure and a 10 GBPS Wi-Fi connection. Shoolini has a unique eUniv LMS platform, built around AI/ML technologies. The 24*7 Yogananda Knowledge Centre allows students to access a broad range of books, journals, newspapers, and magazines to diversify their knowledge. Also, Shoolini has developed over 25 cutting-edge e-studios for the best classroom and online learning. In addition to academics, Shoolini also focuses on extra-curricular activities for full growth that encapsulates various theatres, auditoriums, cineplexes, indoor and outdoor gaming facilities for students’ refreshments.
Set in the middle of the Himalayas, the institution is surrounded by pine and deodar forests with energy-efficient buildings and state-of-the-art laboratories, and campus life. The presence of cafeterias, open spaces, and tree huts enhances the beauty of the campus. Shoolini University is a hub of research and innovation in India. A four-tier system, mentorship program, Ph.D. focussed faculty and the guidance of visiting professors all form a great source for the students’ ingrowth and cultivating ideas. The students also have exposure to the digital library, knowledge portals, and e-studios, where they can update themselves with current happenings. Shoolini has given a new way to look at research for innovators. Peer-reviewed Papers, Commercial Patents, Funded Projects, and Quality Ph.D.’s are some of its initiatives towards encouraging research.
The Glimpse of an Inimitable Academic Program
Shoolini University has a semester-based academic year. Regular vocational training and internships are carried out at the end of each semester. The Overall Grade Point Average (OGPA) system is used to assess a student in a course for both theory and practical. In addition to that, Shoolini University is well-known for its unique ways of teaching and research training. Some of its features include-
● SPRINT Program- Enthused by Stanford’s mini-MBA program, “Skills Progression through Rapid Intensive and Innovative Training” is a mandatory credit course aimed at the overall development of students in all programs on campus.
● Courses on Human Values, Spirituality & Meditation, and Business Ethics, etc. that emboldens moral values in students, for ex. Bhartiya Sanskriti, Indian Mythology, Society & Culture of India, Media Laws & Ethics, Sociology, Psychology, Ethics in Research, etc.
● Social Projects that include issues focusing on Health, Sanitation, Cancer, Muscular Dystrophy, Environment, etc. to create awareness and gain experience.
● Summit Research Programme- SRP is India’s first research-centric undergraduate program fixated around technologies like AI, Biotech, Pharma, and Food Technology.
● Taking inspiration from NEP, Shoolini has evolved four year BA (Hons) Liberal Arts and BSc (Hons) Research programs which are the first for any Indian University. Coursera is involved in improving the students’ skillset from lecturers around the world.
● eUniv is an integrated online learning platform inaugurated by former President of India, Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam which has exceptionally progressed via ICT tools. myShoolini App is another one-step innovation by the university that contains GPS based attendance system, student grievance redressal, library management, Shoolini Radio, news desk, etc. The university provides access to online databases like EBSCO, SciVal, DELNET, Amazon, etc. along with 5 million-plus eBooks and eJournals. A language lab offers 34 new language courses including German, Spanish, and Mandarin.
Rewards in the Form of Achievements
Shoolini has a list of achievements that prove its hard work and firm approach to take research to new heights. Shoolini has been ranked No. 2 in India in research in QS Asia Rankings 2021, 35th in India and 545 globally by Scimago Global rankings, 100th-150th overall (112 for Engineering, 39 for Pharma, and 75 for MBA) by NIRF. Accredited to NBA and NAAC, with 500+ patents, Shoolini is India’s 3rd highest Patent Filer (2019) and No. 1 in Online Education by Education World. The engineering department has a QS Diamond rating. A notable alumni and faculty Dr. Gaurav Sharma has been awarded the World’s top 1% cited scientist, making him among India’s 20 top scientists. A pioneer in the research, Shoolini’s 7 researchers have been nominated at Stanford University’s list of top 2% scientists. Shoolini’s alumni are involved with world-renowned institutions such as Stanford University, Columbia, INSEAD, Unilever, EY, PWC, Google, and many more.
Like many other universities around the world, Shoolini too believes in presenting the best career options to its students by offering placements in notable industries and institutions. Possessing an excellent placement record, Shoolini has changed the lives of many aspiring students and their families. The Placement Cell at Shoolini looks after the training and provides proper guidance to transform an individual into an industry-ready professional. The students undergo arduous training in their final year where they are prepared to hook and crook for their future job. The unremitting efforts, inventive minds, and contemporary outlook of the institute and the students have resulted in getting over 450 students to file patents at their names. Some of the prominent institutions associated with Shoolini include IBM, LG, Mankind, Meridian, JMC Projects India Ltd, ICICI, Hindustan Unilever, HDFC, Nestle, and many more.
Shoolini is also tangled in cultural and awareness activities throughout the year starting with Republic Day, Independence Day, World Cancer Day to Women’s Day, World Health Day and Swachchta Diwas were to emphasize is laid on empowerment of women, conduction of free medical check-ups, and cleanliness drive in nearby villages respectively. Moksh, an inter-university festival, and Manchtantra, an interdepartmental cultural festival are the highlights of the year. Also, SPRINT and weekly cultural evenings are organized by Shoolini’s 100 plus clubs to boost up the spirit.
COVID Classes and Future Prospects
With the advent of COVID-19, the university too shifted to online teaching and assessment. Shoolini aspires to evolve a hybrid platform and enhanced use of technologies to innovate various ways of research and teacher-to-peer interaction. The university also conducted webinars and online workshops where eminent personalities from all walks of life shared their valuable experience with the students and answered their questions. A promoter of the happiness of students and with the vision to be “A Top 200 Global University by 2022”, Shoolini is marching its path to worldwide success via research and innovation, outstanding infrastructure, and a Hi-tech campus. The university aspires to be a role model for growing universities around the country. Its future mission can be concluded with four points
● To provide World Class Education to the masses of the country.
● To be Honest and compliant in everything we do.
● To have a deep impact on the community through research and innovation.
● To bring Happiness to all the stakeholders